Latest Updates:

"I will change the way he kills" - Abhaas Mehta


How do you deal with the negativity regarding your character?
It was difficult to accept the kind of reward at public places in the beginning, but I understand it's a part of the role. Also, whenver I was dressed up as Abhaas people would think its Shyaam, but it just shows that my effort in the role worked out.

If Abhaas Mehta got to change one thing about Shyam what would it be?
Let's see, well I think the way he plans to kill people, like with perfumes etc., just finish the job. Haha.

What were your 3 most favorite or memorable (whichever you prefer) scenes to shoot from IPKKND?
The first one, in cronological order, the scene where Shashi is getting a heart attack and Shyaam being cold and negative. Second must be the Shyam-Khushi terrace scene, and third and last, my most memorable scene is the climax where Shyaam is finally exposed. It was so exhausting to shoot the scene, as it lasted for 3 days and I had to think so much over how to do the scene, how to say the words and show expressions, it was the hardest scene of all time.

What other roles would you like to pursue in the future?
I don't know, can't answer it, whatever good or bad. I will do roles which excite me, and make me believe at first that I won't be able to do it, just like the role of Shyaam.

Do you miss Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon cast?
Absolutely, I miss them a lot, but I am in touch with them daily, don't get to meet them regularly like earlier, but we still get together, not only the cast, but also with the crew and director. I even talk to my writer of the show every day, as he is a close friend.

Given a choice what would you choose, be a romantic hero or a villain with a substance?
It depends, as a romantic hero himself has a lot of substance. Arnav is a romantic hero, but he has more to the role. Also, you need to know the background story. The kind of guy I am, I don't think I will be accepted as a romantic hero aka chocolate boy, so it will be villain right now.

Do you have any Phobias?
I do, my biggest phobia is not being able to do what I love most, which is acting; I see it as my inspiration to work harder. Apart from that, I am scared of heights.

Which is your favorite holiday destination?
I don't know, I have been to Bangkok twice and I love the hills and wild forest there.

How does it feel to be playing the most hated character on the show?
To get such feelings from people, whether it is hatred or love, as both are most extreme emotions, it shows you have achieved making the audience love or hate your character.

Who is your favorite co-actor till date and why?
On-screen it will be Anjali aka Daljeet Bhanot and Khushi aka Sanaya Irani, behind the camera it's Akshay Dogra; I also look upto him.

What made you take up the role of Shyam? Did you think it would be this big of a hit?
No, as I mentioned earlier, I didn't even think about it, I had no idea. First I thought I won't be able to do it, which made me take up the role.

Any message for your fans on India-Forums?
I miss you all. I am sure with no negativty on the show you're also missing me and I am open to be back.

Reporter: Nadia Malik.
Author: Fariha Lakhani.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 ♥ Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon ♥ - All Rights Reserved
Created by Muhammad Shariq Baig