Latest Updates:

A candid interview of Daljeet aka Anjali of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon!


On the eve of Raksha Bandhan, Daljeet aka Anjali of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon spoke to Rangmunch.TV & shared her thoughts about the brother-sister bonding both on the show & in real life.

IPK 26 Question: The bond of Arnav & Anjali is the most talked about onscreen sibling relationship these days. What do you have to say about this?

Daljeet: Ya! I have heard about that. It’s actually very emotional since we are 3 sisters & I don’t have a real brother, so don’t know what it is like to pamper him. I think the kind of relationship Anjali shares with Arnav & the kind of scenes we perform is what makes this brother- sister relationship so popular among viewers. I actually get random calls from viewers saying how much they like seeing Anjali & Arnav together onscreen. Since I do not have a brother in real life, I am fortunate to get an opportunity to emote & experience those emotions on screen. Barun & I also share a beautiful relationship both on-screen as well as off-screen. I am extremely happy to play the character Anjali & emotionally attached to it too.

Question: What according to you makes a brother & sister relationship unique?

Daljeet: Aah! In my opinion, the only thing that makes any relationship beautiful & long lasting is ‘Honesty’ free from Ego. It is the most important aspect in any relationship be it siblings, husband & wife or even friends. One has to portray honest emotions. Whether it is a complain or a compliment, one should be able to communicate openly in one’s relationship.

daljeet
Question: Though you do not have a real brother, is there anyone who you consider your brother & who expects a Rakhee from you every year?

Daljeet: As I said I do not have a real brother & all my cousins lived far away, so never really got the opportunity to grow up together & share the brother sister bonding even though we all loved each other. I have few best friends though with whom I have almost grown up. I do have two such close friends who I consider my brothers…. Pradeep & Mani. In fact, they are more than a brother to me as they had performed all the rituals of a brother for my real wedding.




Question: Rakhee is a celebration that comes along with the gifts. So what gifts did u get for Rakhee last year?

Daljeet: Oh, yes (laughingly)….I think receiving Gifts is the best part about Rakhee. More than the protection, you want the gifts. After all, we are 21st century girls who can take care of ourselves. I did get some beautiful gifts for Rakhee. In fact, last year Mani had bought me a beautiful jewel from the North & a beautiful bracelet, which I flaunt even today. However, Mani & Pradeep performing the rituals of a brother for my real wedding is the best gift that I could ever get & hence they will always be more than a brother to me.



Question: What is that one thing Anjali wishes for her brother Arnav on this Raksha Bandhan?


Daljeet: Oh! There is going to be a huge list. I am so emotional about Arnav. She laughs many things out but she reads Arnav like an open book. Even before Arnav can look at her & say something, she exactly knows how his day has been or what is bothering him. So on this Rakhi, Anjali would want Arnav to open up & express himself more freely. He should try & emote on his own, as presently its Anjali who coax him to speak his heart out. This is what I would hope & pray for Arnav.

Question: So are the viewers going to see a Raksha bandhan sequence on the show?

Daljeet: Ya! Absolutely. There is a major Rakhi sequence coming up. We know how much the viewers love to watch Arnav & Anjali together, so there is no way that we can disappoint them on a festival like Rakhi. I only wish that something nice were coming up. However, I cannot reveal the upcoming story, but I can assure you that there is going to be a very beautiful sequence that the viewers should look forward to in Rakhee for both of us.

arnav n anjali sceneQuestion: So which is that one scene of Arnav & Anjali that you like the most?

Daljeet: Look, my answer might sound diplomatic & very cliché, but honestly, I like all the scenes. In fact, we keep improvising on all our scenes & say our own lines & our dialogue writers keep cribbing about it. Barun & I have a lot of fun together. He is a naughty brat & I am child like too. Being the youngest at home, I was always pampered & Shalene, my husband, continued that trend even after marriage. So I refuse to grow up & I am like that little child on the set. Barun is really like an elder brother to me. He is too sweet to be true & we have done all the scenes with a lot of honesty & sincerity. I love all the emotional scenes especially the one where Arnav tells how because of Anjali he never missed his parents & how she filled his void by being a mother to him. When doing that entire scene I did not require glycerin coz we felt those emotions in real. More than me I guess you need to ask the viewers what according to them is the best Arnav – Anjali scene.

Question: What message would you like to give to your fans?


Daljeet: Fan Base is too big a word for me now, as I am still new to the industry. However, my journey so far has been worthwhile & a never-ending thanks to all those people who love my work & me. I really hope to work more hard & do whatever it takes to not let my fans down & keep this love & trust going. I can assure my viewers that I am really working very hard so that they can love Anjali more & more in the days to come. There is a lot more to come. I would love to hear everyone say that they need a sister like Anjali (laughingly). Here’s wishing everyone a great Raksha Bandhan!

We Thank Daljeet for giving such a warm and lovely interview...Happy Raksha Bandhan to all!!

Interviewed by:
Niharika Vidya Sagar

Compiled by:
Swati Ghosh
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 ♥ Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon ♥ - All Rights Reserved
Created by Muhammad Shariq Baig